Neurotoxins relax or freeze muscle contraction allowing for smoother tighter skin and a relaxed and refreshed look. Botox and Dysport are competing brands that accomplish similar results. Facial treatments include the glabella or “frown lines” between the eyes, the wrinkles across the forehead, the “crow’s feet” or fine lines around the eye, the brow lift, "bunny lines" or the lines formed one either side of the nose, “smokers lines” that form across the upper lip, the “lip flip” that allows the upper lip to roll gently out to create the illusion of more volume, the chin, and the prominent masseter or jaw muscles.
Botox is an extremely dilute form of Botulinum toxin which, when injected into the muscle, weakens but does not paralyze them. Botox is safe and efficacious. It is the number one cosmetic procedure performed in the United States with over 5.6 million treatments performed annually. One ten-minute treatment – a few tiny injections – will relax the muscles that cause lines to form and keep them relaxed for up to four months. At Destinations Medical Spa, we don’t over-treat you. You’ll still look like you…only better!
- Glabella or 11’s
- The Glabella is formed by the activation of the Procerus and Corrugator Supercilli. When contracted these muscles create the frown lines that convey anger or frustration. Botox injections relax these muscles to give the patient a more relaxed look making them look less angry.
- Crow’s Feet or Smile Lines
- A few units of Botox are injected into the Orbicularis Oculi or circular muscles around the eyes. Botox relaxes these muscles allowing the fines lines that form at the edges of the eyes when you smile to disappear.
- Brow lift
- The frontalis muscle in the forehead and strong muscles between and around the eyes (procerus, corragator supercilli, and orbicularis oculi) pull against one another to create the brow’s natural contour.
- Botox injections under the brow bone relax the muscle that pull the brow down leaving the forehead (frontalis) muscle unopposed. This gives the brow a slight lift accentuating the beautiful arch of the eyebrows.
- Bunny lines
- Bunny lines are formed by the contraction of the nasalis. This is a sphincter-like muscle on either side of the nose that functions to compress the nasal cartilage. Botox weaken and relaxes the nasalis allowing the wrinkles that form on either side of the nose when you smile to disappear.
- Smoker’s lines
- Smoker’s lines are formed by contraction of the Orbicularis Oris or the circular complex of muscles that make up the lips and muscles around the mouth.
- Botox relax this muscle allowing these lines to fade or disappear entirely.
- Lip flip
- Botox injections at the Vermillion boarder or, the sharp demarcation between the lip and adjacent normal skin, relax the muscle around the mouth. This allows the top lip to gently “roll out” creating the illusion of more volume.
- It also relaxes the Cupid’s bow allowing it to pull slightly upward and to add an additional volumizing effect to the lips.
- Facial slimming
- The masseters are the powerful muscles at the angle of the jaw that aid in chewing and, when defined, gives the jaw a strong chiseled look. However, in some cases the masseters can become over developed giving the face a prominent square shape.
- Botox is also used for facial slimming by weakening the muscles to give the jaw a more tapered and appealing appearance. Injections are placed into the belly of the muscle which weakens the masseters and, overtime, allows them to atrophy just enough to slim the jaw increasing its aesthetic appeal.
Botox and Dysport are equivalent forms of Botulinum type A toxin. Dysport is safe and efficacious and, like Botox, when injected into the muscle, weakens but does not paralyze them. One ten-minute treatment – a few tiny injections – will relax the muscles that cause lines to form and keep them relaxed for up to four months. At Destinations Medical Spa, we don’t over-treat you. You’ll still look like you…only better!
MICRONEEDLE COLLAGEN THERAPY
Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, is a process that uses tiny, sharp needles to create a microscopic wound in the skin that induces collagen renewal and reparative processes. It has become popular for its accessibility, low cost relative to other procedures for wrinkles, scars, and overall texture of the skin, excellent safety and, low downtime. Multiple tiny needles create micro-channels that allow the skin to absorb medical-grade topical anti-aging serums containing growth factors and cytokines. These growth factors then stimulate the dermal fibroblast to produce new collagen. The microneedle treatment can address acne, superficial scars, stretch marks, photo-ageing, fine lines, uneven skin/complexion, and discoloration. Microneedling is a good option for overall skin rejuvenation and maintenance!
- Microneedle for acne
- Superficial scars
- Ice pick scars
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin/complexion and discoloration.
PHOTO GENESIS, INTENSE PULSE LIGHT (IPL)
Intense pulsed light (IPL) uses light energy to target certain colors in your skin can undo some of the visible damage caused by sun exposure -- called photoaging. It is an effective way to improve the color, texture, and reduce wrinkles without surgery. It is also used for complexion blending and brightening. and has become the first-line treatment for the treatment of skin aging and reduction of wrinkles. IPL breaks down both melanin and hemoglobin, which are the pigments responsible for abnormal brown and red spots. Your body then gets rid of these unwanted cells as these broken-down pigments gradually rise to the surface and sluff off. IPL smoothers and evens your complexion with no downtime. We use the Cutera XEO IPL system. This state-of-the-art system erases superficial skin damage without disrupting the skin surface. We have also recently introduced the Limelight handpiece, which is capable of three different programs: one to erase fine veins and generalized redness, another to eliminate brown spots, and a third that can tackle BOTH. IPL can treat nearly any area of the body safely, comfortably, and effectively.
- Broken blood vessels
- Brown spots, also called liver or age spots
- Dark spots
- Discolored skin
- Fine wrinkles
- Redness from rosacea
The Cutera Laser Genesis is a non-ablative 1064 Nd:YAG laser suitable for people of all colors, including those with tanned skin. The laser stimulates collagen regrowth by heating on a deeper level than Photo Genesis/IPL. The heat penetrates deep into the dermis or second layer of the skin and stimulates the natural production of collagen. This heat significantly improves acne scars because collagen regrowth volumizes and softens the skin, which shrinks the pores and evens skin tone. It also reduces acne and prevents future outbreaks because the heat it generates kills bacteria on and under the skin. Patients report softening and, in some cases, complete resolution of the scars after only a few treatments.
Laser Genesis is also the treatment of choice for softening the stubborn wrinkles around the mouth, cheeks, and eyes. It has also been shown to significantly improve rosacea or diffuse redness as the heat it generates coagulates the numerous dilated capillaries that give skin its flushed red look. Treatments are well-tolerated, relaxing, and do not require topical anesthesia.
- Large Pores
- Scars from Acne, Surgery or Burns
- Uneven Skin Texture
- Port Wine Stains (PWS)
- Venous Lakes
TITAN SKIN TIGHTENING
Titan is a non-surgical procedure aimed at turning back the clock by tightening loose and aging skin. The Titan emits light energy, which causes contraction of the tissue and stimulates growth of new collagen deposition and tighter skin. Skin tightening is not meant to replace surgical procedures such as face, eyelid, and neck lifts, but it is a good option for those not interested in surgery who understand results are noticeable but modest. Titan produces an immediate increase in skin tone making it ideal for areas starting to show laxity such as the cheeks and jowls.
Your results will begin in the office but continue to improve over several months! As you can see from our before and after pictures, Titan can produce results once only obtained by dermal fillers or facelift. Patients have been successfully treated in many areas. The most popular areas that respond well are the face, jowls, neck, as well as under the chin.
- Loose skin on the:
3D or 4D Skin Rejuvenation
Destination non-surgical facelift is the most powerful combination of light and laser therapy. It addresses the most common conditions of aging including: age spots, sun damage, fine lines, and wrinkles, as well as lax and sagging skin. Our 3D skin rejuvenation program combines Photo Genesis, Laser Genesis, and Titan to provide a complete facial makeover. The addition of collagen induction therapy boost results to create our 4D program. This therapy allows us to inject collagen-stimulating growth factors directly into the dermis to give your skin renewed strength, texture, and softness. We may not be able to stop the passage of time, but with 3D and/or 4D Skin Rejuvenation, you will look as if you have! Treatments are typically administered once every four weeks and customizable to your individual needs.
- 3D- Non-surgical facelift
- 4D- Non-surgical facelift with collagen induction therapy
The Pearl YSGG was the first FDA 2790 nm laser approved for the treatment of treats fine lines on the face and neck, uneven skin texture, and sun damage. It is the “one laser to choose” to renew your skin’s surface with quick, visible results, and minimum social downtime. It offers an aggressive treatment option while limiting the lengthy recovery time and complication associate with ablative technologies. The Pearl uses pulses of light to remove the top layer (epidermis) of the skin at a depth less than the thickness of a human hair to create a natural protective dressing on the skin’s surface. This dressing then peels off after 3-4 days to reveal new, healthy, and vibrant skin. This thermal effect penetrates deep into the dermis and stimulates new collagen growth deep to further tightening and reduce wrinkles. This mechanism replaces the entire top sun-damaged layer of skin with new healthy skin by targeting water within the epidermis. This precise tuning provides the perfect balance between the vaporization of the epidermis and the transfer of heat into the dermis. New collagen continues for 4 to 6 weeks post-treatment. When complete the Pearl produces a brilliant combination of new skin and decreased wrinkles results to give a healthier, more youthful appearance.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin texture
- Photodamage, such as brown age spots
- Acne Scars
- Minimize wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve discoloration and hyperpigmentation
- Smooth out the skin’s texture
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars
- Tighten pores
CoolSculpting is an FDA-approved safe, effective and, noninvasive means to permanently breakdown and eliminate unwanted fat. It applies advanced cooling technology to a temperature of -11 to +5 °C to adipose (fat) tissue in order to crystalize and rupture fat cells and stimulate cell death. This organized cell death, a phenomenon known as apoptosis, stimulates a strong inflammatory response that works to gradually reduce fat by digesting the tissue. CoolSculpting is non-painful. In fact, most patients are comfortable enough to read, listen to music or, simply relax during the procedure. Each secession takes about an hour and you can expect to see a 25 to 30% reduction in fat with each treatment.
CoolSculpting avoids the pain, expense, risk, anesthesia, and lengthy recovery times of liposuction. Patients can even return to work the same day! It is an ideal body contouring procedure for men and women who want to shed inches in those troublesome areas that, despite your best efforts, remain resistant to diet and exercise! Patients report pressure and an intense cold at the beginning of therapy which is sometimes associated with transient redness and numbness. However, this quickly subsides. Patients begin to see changes within three weeks of their first treatment. Results peak after two months and continue to improve for four to six months leaving patients with a natural, slimmer appearance.
- Submental fullness or the double chin
Vascular Treatments: Vein Therapy
Tired of those tiny red spider veins or those deeper blue reticular veins on your face? The Cool Glide 1064 laser is the right wavelength to eliminate them -- on people of any color! Vascular lesions include a range of conditions. These include spider veins, facial veins, telangiectasias, angiomas, venous lakes, and/or rosacea. They can be the result of normal aging, sun damage, or pregnancy. Rosacea is perhaps the most common with as many as 45 million individuals affected. It is a chronic skin condition and often mistaken for a sunburn and tends to present with redness, visible blood vessels, and tiny red bumps similar to acne. Our providers, with the help of Cutera’s vascular solutions, provide a fast, non-invasive, and effective treatment to target unwanted vascular lesions while sparing the surrounding skin.
- Spider veins
- Facial veins
- Venous lakes